Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Casting Reality: You are but a pretty girl amongst other pretty girls.

Every morning, we'd stuff ourselves in the van and then, it's:


Casting.  Casting.  Casting.

Take off your clothes.
Put on our clothes.

Smile.  Smile.  Smile.
Pose.  Pose.  Pose.
Snap.  Click.  Flash.

Next girl, next casting,

and,
repeat.

-

So mindless, these things.
And yet.  It gave me a lot to mind and mull over.

One can only show so much of their persona to stand out.

I hadn't been booking - but at the same time, I wasn't the only one either from my agency.  Including a few that have been here longer than me.  It happens.  And maybe for a multitude of reasons. And I can accept that.   Maybe it wasn't the right agency, or season, or maybe China wasn't my market,  er, specifically, Guangzhou.  I should have looked more into it actually prior to coming here.  But foolish me, I may have been much too distracted by the idea of staying somewhere new.  Oh well!

I may have mentioned in a previous entry how I was aware it was mostly catalogue but I didn't realize it would be ALL catalogue.  There weren't any TVC (TV commercial) castings or editorials here since they're all in Beijing and Shanghai.  One of the bookers disclosed to me that it was their first time bringing over a model with a Pan-Asian look and it was a bit of a trial basis to see what the clients' feedback would be.  Come to think of it, I hadn't seen a lot of Pan-Asian looking girls at castings.  They were either Eastern Europeans or Brazilians.

For me, rejections are hackneyed.  But I have to say, not booking made me antsy and model castings have made me realized that...I'm tired.  Just so damn tired of it.

It's time for something new, baby.


Bisous

2 comments:

  1. At the moment, I'm back in Vietnam and I'm planning on moving back to California at the end of the year. But who knows what might come up! :)

    ReplyDelete