Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Me and the McDonald's Diet.

I ate McDonald's almost every day during my last week of China.

And maybe some of you realize this and maybe not, but McDonald's delivers in every country EXCEPT for its native motherland.  The good 'ol US of A.  But hey, we got to give Americans at least one good reason to unglue their eyes from their monitors, their bums from their couches to step outside of their houses, right?  I know I'd be done for.

One of the good/bad things about living in Vietnam is that there are NO McDonald's.

KFC.  Yes.  Subway.  Check.  Popeye's.  Yup.  Pizza Hut.  I'm VIP there.

But nope - no McDonald's.

So even if I really wanted to munch on my two apple pies for a dollar or stuff my face with Big Mac and fries, I can't.  And I really shouldn't, because we all know there are healthier options.  As much as I love, love, LOVE McDonald's.



So when Model Measurement Monday came to weigh me in, I was surprised to find that I was 46.5 kg (103 lbs).

This means, I lost 2.5 kg from my usual 49 kg (108 lbs).

Here's where I have to write about the badly dramatized Supersize Me documentary.  Yes, you bet I've seen it.  And guess what.  I got hungry and ate a Big Mac right after I saw it.

Homeboy was trying too hard to prove that McDonald's is "bad" for you.  Of course you're going to gain weight if you supersize all of your meals for 30 days straight.

However, in a PR class I had taken in college, my professor mentioned an interesting rebuttal story.  A McDonald's lovin' woman ate McDonald's for 90 days straight and LOST 37 pounds (17 kg).  She made certain meal selections and exercised during those 90 days.  Hence as to why McDonald's adds the tagline on their products' boxes and wrappers, "It's what you eat and what you do".

You guys can read the article here.

After I got off the scale, my booker gave me a big grin and an enthusiastic thumbs up as I contemplated how to gain my weight back.

I left the agency, bought myself an Oreo McFlurry and walked a 5 level shopping mall in my black heels.

4 comments:

  1. I find it really interesting and clever big franchises alter their food/ingredients/way of cooking according to who they serve it to. Ie - places outside of USA.

    I can't remember the last time I had McDonald's... I do love their nuggetz <3 but nowadays prefer to make my own food if I can. :)

    I don't know why people wonder why they are gigantanormous when they eat tons and do nothing to balance it out. duhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way to do it babygirl. Speaking of which I heard they have mochi mcflurries now overseas! Is that true?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jay: Oh totally. I remember Philippines had sweet spaghetti and rice being available on the menu with pretty much all the Asian countries. And instead of apple pies, they had these taro pies in China.

    @K: Oh man, if there were, I would be so on it! I have yet to see those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *lower lip quivers* they don't have them....0_0.....

    ReplyDelete