Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Monday, September 10, 2012

Time to re-"model" this blog.

For quite some time, the first thing that would welcome you to my blog was my title in the largest font blogspot would offer:

WHEN A 20 SOMETHING YEAR OLD TRAVELING MODEL PENS HER CLUMSY MIND, IT LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

And then below it was a scrolling widget of my photoshopped and published modeling work as a display of my credibility in case any one had doubted my lofty claim to the career.  Ha.

That by the way, uh, may sound immodest...but actually, it's my way of sarcastically shunning any preconceived notions that when a girl claims she's a model, what she really means is that she's taking photos of herself on the iPhone that her sugar daddy bought her and is instagramming them with anticipation for likes.  You know, the modern society's way of grading and validating.

I thought the title summed up my life perfectly at the time without losing any readers with falsely diagnosed attention deficit disorders.

But like someone who was falsely diagnosed with some attention deficit disorder derivative, my own blog bored me.  Or at least the maintenance of it.

And so, after attending a blogger's and digital media conference recently, I was inspired to click on the darn thing again.

What a mess.

The title is so irrelevant to my life.

I am no longer traveling or living abroad as a model.
Heck.  I'm not even modeling as much as I used to as I'm trying to pursue acting and hosting.

But hey, at least I'm still a 20 something year old and yeah, this mind of mine - is still relatively clumsy.

Every now and then I get random people mention how they used to follow my xanga and it warms my heart to know that there's a rare few who have seen both my writing and myself evolve over the past decade.  But at the same time, it makes me sad that I haven't kept up with the blogging.  And there's a multitude of reasons as to why I haven't.

Anyways, let's see if I can update the ol' girl again.

Bisous,
Isablogs Again Du




4 comments:

  1. :) I've always been a fan of your blogging, Isabel - whether it's about modeling, acting, hosting, or just being you. Actually, I think I enjoy your sarcasm and just funny stories of things that happen more than anything. Looking forward to the re-"model"

    Xox
    An - hautepinkpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, An! That's super awesome to hear! That motivates me thismuchmore to blog ASAP, lol. Your blog is looking haute, haute, haute! Props to keeping it up girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! Welcome back to the blogging world! I was giving up hope of your return but I'm happy for you that you're doing what you're doing. I wish I was as courageous as you for uprooting yourself and changing career paths. I hope one day to be like you. God Bless Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate that! Hahah, but it can be a bit daunting to transition. I see you've changed blogs! Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete